Plumula : Berkala Ilmiah Agroteknologi is a peer-reviewed journal published by Agrotechnology Department of Universitas Pembangunan Nasional "Veteran" Jawa Timur. This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the chief editor, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer and the publisher.
The Editor Responsibility
- The editor of Plumula : Berkala Ilmiah Agroteknologi responsible in deciding articles to be published through editorial council meeting. Editor is guided by policy council and journal editorial restricted by valid law concerning defamation, copyright violation and plagiarism.
- In the process of articles acceptance, editor team works based on similarity treatment.
- In the process of journal review and decision of publication (articles), the editor team does not discriminate any races, sexes, religions ethnic, citizenship, or ideology of political writer.
- Editor and editorial team will not open any information about manuscript or article except there is permits from authorship.
- A manuscript (articles) that is not published after proposed would not be used as research by editor and will be returned directly to the author.
Reviewer by Partnership
Reviewer helps editor in making decisions on received article.
- Reviewer responsible to give recommendation on reviewed article.
- Review of script is done objectively and supported by clear argument.
- Reviewer maintain secrecy of information for personal gain.
Responsibility of the author
- The Author should present an article or research results clearly, honest, and no-plagiarism, and manipulation of data.
- The author responsible to confirms articles that have been proposed and written.
- The writer must obey requirements of publication in the form of original paper, no-plagiarism, and has never been published in journal or other publication.
- The author must show reference of opinion and other literature being quoted.
- The author must write a manuscript or article by carrying ethic, honest and responsible as the valid scientific authorial regulation.
- The author is prohibited to send similar articles to more than one journal or publication.
- The author has no objection if article being corrected without changing basic idea or substance of article.
- Plumula : Berkala Ilmiah Agroteknologi as scientific journal publisher responsible to publish article after the process of editing, peer review and layouts in accordance with the rules of scientific journal publishing.
- Plumula : Berkala Ilmiah Agroteknologi responsible to guarantee academic freedom of editor and reviewer in running their job. Plumula : Berkala Ilmiah Agroteknologi responsible to keep privacy and protects intellectual property and copyright as well as editorial freedom.
This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors (Source)
The articles published in Plumula : Berkala Ilmiah Agroteknologi are scientifically proved, which follow the code of ethics in scientific publication. The code of ethics it self upholds three values of ethics in publications, namely, (1) Neutrality (free from conflicts of interest in public management). (2) Justice (giving the right of authorship to the beneficiary as the author). (3) Honesty (free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism (DF2P) in the publication. The articles published also following certain procedures or orders, such as double-blind review and revision process that consistent with the journal’s regular review, to ensure that the quality is maintain properly.